8 large ripe peaches (or 16 small/medium peaches)
9 large Gala apples
1/2 cup apple juice
½ lemon squeezed ~ 2 TBSP juice
2 tsp cinnamon
2 TBSP honey
Pinch of salt
Remove skin from peaches and cut into chunks. **Blanching is easiest way to remove the skin. To blanch the peaches:
- Boil a pot of water
- Make an X with your knife on the bottom of the peach just to break the skin
- Drop in boiling water and leave for 1 minute – set timer
- Meanwhile prepare a bowl of ice water
- Move peaches with a slotted spoon into the ice water
- Let peaches cool to the touch in the ice (only a minute or so) then rub the skin with your thumb. It will peel off nicely.
Peel, core, and dice apples.
Place peaches and apples in the Instant Pot. Be sure to not exceed the fill line on the pot.
Add apple juice, lemon juice, cinnamon, honey, and salt. Then give it a stir.
Cook on high for 7 minutes. Let the instant pot release naturally (at least 10 minutes).
Now transfer the contents of the instant pot to a blender. It will not all fit, so blend some and place in a metal mixing bowl. Then blend the next portion and so on until all has been blended to the desired texture. Be careful as the Peach Applesauce is very hot! * Note if you have an immersion blender it can be used right in the instant pot, faster and easier. I need to get one😄.
*** With this recipe I was able to fill 4 one pint jars and have a little let over for sampling.
This sauce is so yummy. I’m going to save some of our frozen peaches for when we go apple picking in the fall. Then I’ll make this again with our fresh picked apples. 😋
Read about our adventure at the orchard here: