Crisp pears in a light coconut Custard make for a delightful fall dessert. It is easy to whip up, being prepared in 15 – 20 minutes. Bake time is 40 – 45 minutes.
- 4 pears any type, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup of butter (may use dairy free or real)
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup of coconut milk (from can)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Powder sugar for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Using cooking spray, coat the bottom and sides of a 9 inch round pan.
- Arrange pear slices in the pan.
- Place the following ingredients in the blender: butter, eggs, coconut milk, sugar, flour, salt and vanilla. Blend until smooth.
- Slowly pour the mixture over the pears.
- Bake for 40 – 45 minutes until the pie is golden brown.
- Optional: before serving you can dust it with powder sugar.
*This recipe only uses about half a can of coconut milk, so you can freeze the leftover coconut milk to make a pie later or to use in smoothies.🙂
If you are using hard pears and would prefer the pears be soft in the pie, you can put the pear slices in boiling water for 2-3 minutes. Then drain before arranging them in the pan. The pears will be soft in the pie, however the custard will not be as firm.