These flavorful muffins are one of my family’s go-to recipes. They work well as a snack or desert. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do.🙂
Preparation time : 15 minutes Bake Time: 20 – 24 minutes Makes: 15 muffins
1 1/2 cups granular sugar (or Swerve)
1 cup canola oil
1 Tablespoon of imitation rum (or the real deal)
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3 cups of peeled, cored and diced apples
1/4 cup brown sugar (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare muffin tins by filling with cupcake liners or greasing the bottom and sides of each cup.
2. In a mixing bowl, cream together eggs, granulated sugar, oil, and rum.
3. Add in flour, salt, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Mix until well combined. The batter will be thick resembling cookie dough.
4. Stir in the diced apples.
5. Fill liners ¾ of the way (or a little more) with the batter to fill 18 cups. Optional: sprinkle a little brown sugar on top..
6. Bake for 20 – 24 minutes until they are golden brown, and when a knife is inserted in the center comes out clean.